Civil Engineering is the oldest branch of engineering. The diploma in Civil Engineering with various specializations in very popular among the students.
Civil Engineers are considered to be the back-bone of the society and are responsible for the construction of buildings,roads,bridges,dams,sewer lines, water supply works,docks,harbors,and so on.”
|Year||Name of practical subject|
|CE 1st Year||
|CE 2nd year||
|CE 3rd year||
To impart knowledge and excellence in civil engineering and technology with global perspectives to our students and to make them ethically strong engineers to build our nation. To be the fountain-head of quality education delivering civil engineers empowered with necessary knowledge, skill and personality who can lead the society towards sustainability.
- To offer Diploma in civil engineering and other skill development courses that add value to student competencies.
- To promote quality education, research and consultancy for industrial and societal needs.
- To inculcate moral and ethical values among the students.
- To impart knowledge with emphasis on the development of leadership qualities in students.
- To provide state-of-the-art resources that contributes to a congenial learning environment.
- To encourage students to pursue higher education and take competitive exams and various career enhancing courses.
- To establish centres of excellence in emerging areas of research.
- To have regular interaction with industry and offer solutions to their problems.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVE (PEO’S)
- To enrich the students with the state of the art knowledge in the field of Civil Engineering.
- To keep abreast the students with the use of modern tools, equipments and software’s and including the habit of lifelong learning.
- To foster team work and professional ethics among the students towards devising feasible solutions to problems and project work.
PROGRAM OUTCOMESThe programme outcomes of the department are designed in such a way that student will be able to inculcate following capabilities:
- Broadening the horizon of the students in the field of Civil Engineering, increasing their ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering to solve real world problems.
- Increasing the ability of students to identify, formulate and solve problems in a systematic way by appropriate collection, analysis, and interpretation of data.
- Increasing their ability to design a system, component or process to meet the desired needs in an environment friendly and socially acceptable way.
- Enhancing their skills to analyse complex Civil Engineering problems and obtain the solution by synthesizing simple components
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- Increasing their ability to use the techniques, skills and modern engineering and Information Technology based tools (such as web-based applications and open source software etc.) to increase the creativity of students.
- Enhancing awareness of students about the impact of engineering projects in a global and societal context (social, economic, legal and/or environmental implications)
- Enhancing their ability to practice environmental concerns and related sustainable measures and be capable of carrying out environmental impact of a civil engineering project.
- Informing students about engineering ethics and professional responsibilities.
- Increasing their decision-making skills and innovative capability not only individually but also in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Increasing the ability to communicate effectively by enhancing their drawing and report writing skills and oral presentation skills.
- Increasing awareness of students about cost, time and quality issues in construction helping them to develop social and leadership skills.
- Providing the students with knowledge on contemporary issues in the field of civil engineering and recognizing the need for an ability to engage in continuous and life-long learning.