Civil Engineering is the oldest branch of engineering. The diploma in Civil Engineering with various specializations in very popular among the students. Civil Engineers are considered to be the back-bone of the society and are responsible for the construction of buildings,roads,bridges,dams,sewer lines,water supply works,docks,harbors,and so on.
Under the department of civil engineering two distinct diplomas with various specializations are awarded as under:
“Diploma in Civil Engineering “
“Diploma in Civil ( Environmental Pollution & Control ) Engineering.”
The diploma with specialization in Environmental Pollution & control is a conventional Civil Engineering diploma have a wide range of employment scope in Govt. Department.
A career after civil engineering is highly rewarding there are jobs that involve supervision,construction,design and analyzes of private as well as public projects, such as dams,highways,canals water sewages and bridges.
The profession demands excellent skills for both administration and supervision of projects. Excellence and responsibility are important factors associated with the job. In other words, whenever you see or read about any popular landmarks in the world ( like The Gateway of India, Burj Khalifa etc.), there is a civil engineer involved in its construction.
|Diploma||Civil engineering & Civil (EPC) Engineering||
About Us – Civil Engineering is the oldest branch of engineering. The diploma in Civil Engineering with various specializations in very popular among the students.
Civil Engineers are considered to be the back-bone of the society and are responsible for the construction of buildings,roads,bridges,dams,sewer lines, water supply works,docks,harbors,and so on.”
|Year||Name of practical subject|
|CE 1st Year||
|CE 2nd Year||
|CE 3rd Year||
To impart knowledge and excellence in civil engineering and technology with global perspectives to our students and to make them ethically strong engineers to build our nation. To be the fountain-head of quality education delivering civil engineers empowered with necessary knowledge, skill and personality who can lead the society towards sustainability.
- To offer Diploma in civil engineering and other skill development courses that add value to student competencies.
- To promote quality education, research and consultancy for industrial and societal needs.
- To inculcate moral and ethical values among the students.
- To impart knowledge with emphasis on the development of leadership qualities in students.
- To provide state-of-the-art resources that contributes to a congenial learning environment.
- To encourage students to pursue higher education and take competitive exams and various career enhancing courses.
- To establish centres of excellence in emerging areas of research.
- To have regular interaction with industry and offer solutions to their problems.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVE (PEO’S)
- To enrich the students with the state of the art knowledge in the field of Civil Engineering.
- To keep abreast the students with the use of modern tools, equipments and software’s and including the habit of lifelong learning.
- To foster team work and professional ethics among the students towards devising feasible solutions to problems and project work.
PROGRAM OUTCOMESThe programme outcomes of the department are designed in such a way that student will be able to inculcate following capabilities:
- Broadening the horizon of the students in the field of Civil Engineering, increasing their ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering to solve real world problems.
- Increasing the ability of students to identify, formulate and solve problems in a systematic way by appropriate collection, analysis, and interpretation of data.
- Increasing their ability to design a system, component or process to meet the desired needs in an environment friendly and socially acceptable way.
- Enhancing their skills to analyse complex Civil Engineering problems and obtain the solution by synthesizing simple components
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- Increasing their ability to use the techniques, skills and modern engineering and Information Technology based tools (such as web-based applications and open source software etc.) to increase the creativity of students.
- Enhancing awareness of students about the impact of engineering projects in a global and societal context (social, economic, legal and/or environmental implications)
- Enhancing their ability to practice environmental concerns and related sustainable measures and be capable of carrying out environmental impact of a civil engineering project.
- Informing students about engineering ethics and professional responsibilities.
- Increasing their decision-making skills and innovative capability not only individually but also in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Increasing the ability to communicate effectively by enhancing their drawing and report writing skills and oral presentation skills.
- Increasing awareness of students about cost, time and quality issues in construction helping them to develop social and leadership skills.
- Providing the students with knowledge on contemporary issues in the field of civil engineering and recognizing the need for an ability to engage in continuous and life-long learning.
List of students/total number of students (In last two years)
|Branch/Year||2nd Year||3rd Year|
|Branch/Year||2nd Year||3rd Year|